Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is L2B Blanket with EAD allowed to work when L1B Blanket is not in USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is L2B Blanket with EAD allowed to work when L1B Blanket is not in USA?

Here is my case:

1. We are on L1B Blanket & L2B Blanket visa. Visa expires in 5 years from now.
    2. Our I-192s expires on 1 month from now.
    3. Our I-94 expires after 3 years from now.

Here are my questions:
    1. Can L2B work with EAD if L1B is out of USA? L1B will still be working in the branch company in country where we got visa. L1B might come again to USA if company calls.
    2. Does L1B and L2B remains on status even if l1 goes out of USA since its a blanket visa?
    3. Will EAD expiry date of L2B will be based on I-94 or the I-192s petition expiry date?

Look forward for replies from experts.

Thanks.

Answers Anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by jaybos View Post
      Here is my case:

1. We are on L1B Blanket & L2B Blanket visa. Visa expires in 5 years from now.
      2. Our I-192s expires on 1 month from now.
      3. Our I-94 expires after 3 years from now.

Here are my questions:
      1. Can L2B work with EAD if L1B is out of USA? L1B will still be working in the branch company in country where we got visa. L1B might come again to USA if company calls.
      2. Does L1B and L2B remains on status even if l1 goes out of USA since its a blanket visa?
      3. Will EAD expiry date of L2B will be based on I-94 or the I-192s petition expiry date?

Look forward for replies from experts.

Thanks.
      L2 is tied to L1 and will become out of status the moment L1 holder leaves the country. If L2 holder needs to continue, he/she will have to get another visa. Not sure of I-192 connection. Did you mean I-129 ? EAD is typically issued based on visa expiry date. You employer will have to extend the petition if you need to continue in US beyond its expiry date.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X