Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A to Greencard, laid off in the middle of the process

Hi,

So, my situation is, I'm currently on a L1A. The company is doing pretty bad, so we could be laid off at any moment; the question is, if the compnay applies for the GC and then lays me off, does the process get stopped and invalid? Or since it was requested "on time" it can keep going until the end?

Thanks!

Originally posted by fflores View Post
    Hi,

So, my situation is, I'm currently on a L1A. The company is doing pretty bad, so we could be laid off at any moment; the question is, if the compnay applies for the GC and then lays me off, does the process get stopped and invalid? Or since it was requested "on time" it can keep going until the end?

Thanks!
    Green card is for future permanent job with the L1 sponsor. If L1 sponsor no longer employs you you lose the L1 status and hence cannot stay in US. Also, there would not be any question of future employment with the sponsor then. You would need to find another employer to take the process forward in a similar position.

If however you get the GC in hand then you can stay in US and search for another employer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X