Legal dilemma faced - pleased help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal dilemma faced - pleased help

Hello Dears, please help me in this dilemma...

In 2011, when I was on H1-B and my wife was on H4, she was arrested for a shoplifting offence. We hired a lawyer and the charge got reduced to a Municipal ordinance. The store sought a fine and was paid. We paid the charges as directed by the court. The offence was never committed before or after this. It has been 3+ years since, we came back to India soon after.

Now, I am going on an L1A visa and my wife has to apply for a L2. My questions are:

1) Does she need to mention that she was arrested in the Form D 160 ? If yes, what should we mention...

2) What impact wil this declaration have on her getting her L2 visa stamped?

Thanks in advance...
    Pareshaan

Originally posted by pareshan View Post
    Hello Dears, please help me in this dilemma...

In 2011, when I was on H1-B and my wife was on H4, she was arrested for a shoplifting offence. We hired a lawyer and the charge got reduced to a Municipal ordinance. The store sought a fine and was paid. We paid the charges as directed by the court. The offence was never committed before or after this. It has been 3+ years since, we came back to India soon after.

Now, I am going on an L1A visa and my wife has to apply for a L2. My questions are:

1) Does she need to mention that she was arrested in the Form D 160 ? If yes, what should we mention...

2) What impact wil this declaration have on her getting her L2 visa stamped?

Thanks in advance...
    Pareshaan
    1. Yes, and the appropriate judgement/case details.
    2. A possible delay in L2 processing.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. Yes, and the appropriate judgement/case details.
      2. A possible delay in L2 processing.

Thanks ! But is this likely to lead to a rejection of the L2 VISA ?

Comment

Cant say as it could depend upon multiple factors. I would suggest you talk to an immigration attorney specializing in criminal offences to determine the options before going for the appointment. they should be able to guide you as to how to project the case as well as what documents to carry.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X