Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B extension - specialized knowledge

Hi

I am in US on L1B visa and about to complete 3 years. I am preparing to apply for extension. My original documentation was for a project for client's customer A but I came to US to work on a project for client's customer B, my employer had submitted an amendment letter. I am still working for client's customer B and requesting extension. I had provided specialized knowledge 'X' on client's proprietary framework.

My question is, which one of below options will look better and increase the chances of extension approval.

1) show same specialized knowledge 'X' as it was in initial L1 documentation. Challenge would be to prove that its still an specialized knowledge after working for 3 years on client site for same client's customer B. The specialized knowledge is client's proprietary.

2) show new specialized knowledge 'Y' which is my employers proprietary product and used on current project for client's customer B. But L1B visa classification says "To qualify, the alien must establish that he or she has worked in a specialized knowledge capacity abroad." I cannot show this as, I had traveled to US as per original petition on specialized knowledge 'X' and that I was working on 'X' abroad before travelling to US.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X