Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1-Individual clock reset/re-capturing out side US time

Hi Raghvi,

1. I have read about re-capturing the unused days spent outside US since the date of first entry into the US. For your information please find below my time spend during my visa validity

Visa validity - From Dec-28-2011 to Nov-30-2014
    First Entry - Jan-21-2012 to Apr-19-2012 (Total stay: 89 Days)
    Second Entry - Sep-28-2013 to Till date.

So I was outside US for 1 year, 5 months and 8 days after my first return from US. And I would like to know if we can re-capture this time when we file for my visa extension. Please advice.

2. I have also read about getting a clock reset if L1-B visa holder stays outside US for more than 1 year. I would like to know if I am eligible for this and if so then can we also consider this option during my Visa extension.

I await your reply. Please let me know if you need clarification on any of my queries.

Originally posted by shlok82 View Post
    Hi Raghvi,

1. I have read about re-capturing the unused days spent outside US since the date of first entry into the US. For your information please find below my time spend during my visa validity

Visa validity - From Dec-28-2011 to Nov-30-2014
    First Entry - Jan-21-2012 to Apr-19-2012 (Total stay: 89 Days)
    Second Entry - Sep-28-2013 to Till date.

So I was outside US for 1 year, 5 months and 8 days after my first return from US. And I would like to know if we can re-capture this time when we file for my visa extension. Please advice.

2. I have also read about getting a clock reset if L1-B visa holder stays outside US for more than 1 year. I would like to know if I am eligible for this and if so then can we also consider this option during my Visa extension.

I await your reply. Please let me know if you need clarification on any of my queries.
    1. Yes you can request for a re capture.
    2. No you cannot. Clock reset means staying outside and re applying for a fresh visa in order to be eligible for a fresh tenure of 5 Years .

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X