New L1b visas from India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New L1b visas from India

Anyone has any idea whether new L1b visas are happening from India. And from which consulate location?

Originally posted by bongane View Post
    Anyone has any idea whether new L1b visas are happening from India. And from which consulate location?
    Ofcourse, if the experiences section is true, and I have no reason to believe they are not, then there have been successful cases.

L1 Blanket candidates are interviewed only at Chennai location.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hello. It is possible that someone may get i94 more than his/her L1B visa max out period of 5 years? If he or she gets it then is it valid to stay & work in US on those many additional days due to i94? Thank you and appreciate the feedback

Comment

It is possible. But it is yours and your employer's responsibility to ensure that you do not stay beyond the 5 Years limit, even if you have a visa and I-94 extending beyond the 5th Year.

Comment

Thanks for the response.

Comment

My L1B max out will be completing next year by mid of August. Even if i get the H1B receipt I dont think i should be able to stay in US post mid August until October 1st when change of status happens?
            Do you think i140 approval along with H1B receipt will allow me to stay in US until 1st October from mid of August?

Comment

No.

I140 approval would only allow you to get H1 for 3 Years, but as your H1 (if selected in lottery and approved) itself is potentially going to begin on 01-Oct-2014, there is no basis of seeking H1 from August itself.

Comment

Thank you and appreciate the feedback.

I have got the L1B in 2014 from Canada whose PED is until Sept 2017. However due to 5 years max out stay on L1B visa I came back to India in August 2015 this year. So my question is, am I allowed to re-enter US utilizing the same existing L1B (PED is Sept 2017) after completing the cooling period of 1 year outside US? Or I have to get a fresh L1B to enter US next year?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X