Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa validity and travel

Hi,

If my L1 visa is expiring in Jan 2015 can I still travel from the same company in Dec 2014 or Jan 2015 itself? If possible, what would be my next steps to renew the visa?

Regards,
    ~D

Originally posted by deepindersingh_leo View Post
    Hi,

If my L1 visa is expiring in Jan 2015 can I still travel from the same company in Dec 2014 or Jan 2015 itself? If possible, what would be my next steps to renew the visa?

Regards,
    ~D
    Is it L1 A or B? Is it Blanket or Individual ? How long have you spent in US on this L1 in the past?

Technically you can travel till the visa validity date. The potential issue would be if you get I-94 only till visa end date. As I-94 decides till when you can actually stay in US.

As for renewal of visa, a new visa can only be got at a consulate/embassy outside US , after attending and clearing a visa stamping interview.

Do you want to stay in US and work? Or do you want to be able to be able to freely travel in and out of US even after Jan 2015?

If you want to just stay and work and not travel outside then based upon the I-94 you can stay and extend it while in US.

If you want the ability to freely travel in to US after Jan 2015 then you would need to get a new visa at a consulate outside US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Is it L1 A or B? Is it Blanket or Individual ? How long have you spent in US on this L1 in the past?

Technically you can travel till the visa validity date. The potential issue would be if you get I-94 only till visa end date. As I-94 decides till when you can actually stay in US.

As for renewal of visa, a new visa can only be got at a consulate/embassy outside US , after attending and clearing a visa stamping interview.

Do you want to stay in US and work? Or do you want to be able to be able to freely travel in and out of US even after Jan 2015?

If you want to just stay and work and not travel outside then based upon the I-94 you can stay and extend it while in US.

If you want the ability to freely travel in to US after Jan 2015 then you would need to get a new visa at a consulate outside US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thank you for your response. This really helps!

It is L1-B, blanket visa. I have never stayed in US on this visa but traveled on B1 visa in past. B1 is still valid till 2018.

I want to stay and work in US and not travel often on this visa.

Regards,
      ~D

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X