L1 Visa to marry US citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 Visa to marry US citizen

Hi, My boyfriend was currently sent to the US through his company on an L1 Visa. We would like to get married this fall back in India with the family and then come back to our jobs. What is the process to follow to get my boyfriend to come back with me post our marriage? What will his visa be transferred to and what is the process? He finishes his project in October and returns to India, and I go for out marriage in november. Please guide us so that he can come back with me and does he need to stay on his L1? What paperwork do I need to file and when?

Originally posted by Ruchika Chawla View Post
    Hi, My boyfriend was currently sent to the US through his company on an L1 Visa. We would like to get married this fall back in India with the family and then come back to our jobs. What is the process to follow to get my boyfriend to come back with me post our marriage? What will his visa be transferred to and what is the process? He finishes his project in October and returns to India, and I go for out marriage in november. Please guide us so that he can come back with me and does he need to stay on his L1? What paperwork do I need to file and when?
    Coming back to US on his existing L1 and subsequently adjusting status while in US would be the fastest. But as his project is getting over in Oct 2014, I am not sure how he would be able to come back on L1.

If his employer is not willing to send him on L1 then you would have to go via the I130 route and can potentially take few Months. Rayb is a senior member in the forum who can advice you better with respect to that.

You can place your question in that forum http://www.immihelp.com/forum/forumd...ased-Greencard

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X