Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B max out in Jan 2015

Hi All,
    My L1B will be max out in Jan 2015, I went for stamping in Jan 2013 and got the I-94 valid till Jan 2016 and the visa has been stamped till Jan 2018. I understand that I cannot stay beyond 5 years at a stretch on L1b and I have to leave US before completing 5 years on L1b. My question is

Is it possible to comeback on the same L1B after spending 1 year outside USA for the same company? As the stamped visa is valid till 2018.

Thanks,
    VB

Originally posted by vaibhavss View Post
    Hi All,
    My L1B will be max out in Jan 2015, I went for stamping in Jan 2013 and got the I-94 valid till Jan 2016 and the visa has been stamped till Jan 2018. I understand that I cannot stay beyond 5 years at a stretch on L1b and I have to leave US before completing 5 years on L1b. My question is

Is it possible to comeback on the same L1B after spending 1 year outside USA for the same company? As the stamped visa is valid till 2018.

Thanks,
    VB
    When you say Max Out, does it mean, by Jan 2015, you would have spent 5 Years physically in US on L1B status?

Also, you would need a new visa stamp and corresponding I129S after 1 Year.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      When you say Max Out, does it mean, by Jan 2015, you would have spent 5 Years physically in US on L1B status?

Also, you would need a new visa stamp and corresponding I129S after 1 Year.

Yes I will spend 5 years physically in US by Jan 2015 on L1b. Do I need a new L1B stamp even if I have a valid one till 2018? or I need only a new I129 S.

Comment

I would say yes, you would need a new one.

Comment

RE: L1B max out in Jan 2015

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          I would say yes, you would need a new one.

I have one more question. During my stay on L1b I was out of USA for 2 months, my current I-94 is valid up to Jan 2016. My 5 years from my first entry in the usa will be on 27 Jan 2015, can I stay for 2 months i.e. March 2015 with out filing extension as I-94 is valid till Jan-2016.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X