Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A - VO told approved but status on website says administrative processing

Hi,

I went on Business trip to Belgium and my employer asked me to attend consular interview for my L1A in Belgium itself on 29September. The Interview went fine, although i can see VO taking notes about what i was answering on his computer. If he was missing on something he was asking again and typing as it is on his computer.Then the VO said everything looks OK and approved. VO stamped and signed 2 copies of I129/petition and returned to me and kept 1 copy with him. He also kept my passport with him. I was not given any other slip by VO officer.
    Now when I am checking the Visa status on their website on same day it reads as:
    "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. "

What does this mean, does it mean AP or it is default status before the Visa is printed on the passport.

Originally posted by vickysingh View Post
    Hi,

I went on Business trip to Belgium and my employer asked me to attend consular interview for my L1A in Belgium itself on 29September. The Interview went fine, although i can see VO taking notes about what i was answering on his computer. If he was missing on something he was asking again and typing as it is on his computer.Then the VO said everything looks OK and approved. VO stamped and signed 2 copies of I129/petition and returned to me and kept 1 copy with him. He also kept my passport with him. I was not given any other slip by VO officer.
    Now when I am checking the Visa status on their website on same day it reads as:
    "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. "

What does this mean, does it mean AP or it is default status before the Visa is printed on the passport.
    It generally is a standard status, I would wait for at least 5 working days before pressing the panic button with my employer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X