Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On L1A, h1 expired - can I switch jobs with approved I140?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On L1A, h1 expired - can I switch jobs with approved I140?

Hello,
    Putting some more meat to what's in the title.
    My h1b expired 2 years ago ( stayed in US 20 days short of completing 6 yrs). I'm back in US after 2 yrs, on l1 and staying since a month. I140 is currently getting processed towards my GC. My question is - can I switch jobs on the basis of my old H1b once the I140 gets approved (ie- go for extn for my h1b with a new company based on the approved I140)?
    (Couldn't see a thread that had answer to my peculiar case and hence opening a new one. Pardon me if its a re-post. Would appreciate answers.

Wow, thats a great situation to be in. My advice would be to get GC ( you will get it in 1 yr) then switch as you please.
    I dont think any1 will take ur H1 now, anyways, and why would you want to go back?

Comment

Thanks for the reply. But it's just i140. It will take atleast 4 more years for my PD to be current. And I want to explore other opportunities if it's legally possible to utilize my few days left in previous h1 and then go in for an extension based on I140. Wanted to check if this is possible more so since its been 2 yrs since my previous h1 expired

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X