Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indian Citizen: Restamping of US visa due to name change - I-797B approval valid till

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Citizen: Restamping of US visa due to name change - I-797B approval valid till

Hi,

Hope this email finds you well.

My name is Khushboo Kumra, an Indian citizen, currently employed with McKinsey & Co. in the United States. I have an approved L1-B I-797B, valid till July 10th 2016.

I had recently changed my name legally in the United States - I originally had a single name "Khushboo", with no last name, but to ease my stay in the US, I legally added a last name and bear the new name "Khushboo Kumra".
    My new passport was issued in the United States, in Chicago, by the Indian Embassy - which still kept all non-expired visas valid.

I would be visiting family in December and I wanted to update my new passport, with a new visa stamp as per my new name.

I had a few questions, would be great if you could help

1. Can I schedule an appointment for a new visa stamp at the Delhi location of the US consulate? Do I also need to redo the biometrics?
    2. Do I need to re-do the petition or can we use the same I-797B, which is still valid till July 10, 2016? If not, would the restamp fall under "Visa renewal" or a complete new DS-160 process?
    3. Are there any specific documents that I would need to carry?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X