Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is L1A Individual a good option after L1A Blanket rejection

Hello,

Last week I had an interview at Chennai consulate and to my shock my visa was rejected by VC and was handed over blue form 221(g) suggesting to apply for a different visa category. I have traveled to US more than 10 times on two past L1A visas as well as B1s (Plus travels to France, Australia etc.). I have over 15 years of experience with last 7 years in a managerial position. Given this background, I was quite confident on the approval but at the end it didnt go through and now I need some advice on the next steps.

Find below synopsis of the interview

Me: Good morning
    VC: Your documents please
    Me: Handed over the documents

VC: What is name of your client
    Me: ZZZ
    VC: Say that again!
    VC: Ok, got it!

VC: What is your Salary in India?
    Me: XX INR
    VC: What would be your salary in US?
    Me: XX USD (Its way over 100K)

VC: How many people will report to you in US?
    Me: 4 Managers would report to me and they will have their teams in US

VC: What is your job title in US?
    Me: Senior Manager

VC: What is designation of the person you would report to in US?
    Me: XX

VC: Can you repeat your India and US salary?
    Me: Repeated

After this, he went on typing something on the screen for good two minutes and declared the result. When I asked him for the reason; he asked me to check with my HR! I left the consulate clueless on what caused the rejection.

Given this circumstances in which my visa was denied; I am bit unclear on whether i should apply for L1A individual right now or wait for 6 months and apply for L1A blanket once again. Any suggestion on the likelihood of approval of individual L1A in such situation will be highly appreciated. Also, does anyone have a view on what could have caused the denial?

what is the answer you had given for "What is designation of the person you would report to in US?"

Originally posted by User1976 View Post
    Hello,

Last week I had an interview at Chennai consulate and to my shock my visa was rejected by VC and was handed over blue form 221(g) suggesting to apply for a different visa category. I have traveled to US more than 10 times on two past L1A visas as well as B1s (Plus travels to France, Australia etc.). I have over 15 years of experience with last 7 years in a managerial position. Given this background, I was quite confident on the approval but at the end it didnt go through and now I need some advice on the next steps.

Find below synopsis of the interview

Me: Good morning
    VC: Your documents please
    Me: Handed over the documents

VC: What is name of your client
    VC: Say that again!
    VC: Ok, got it!

VC: What is your Salary in India?
    Me: XX INR
    VC: What would be your salary in US?
    Me: XX USD (Its way over 100K)

VC: How many people will report to you in US?
    Me: 4 Managers would report to me and they will have their teams in US

VC: What is your job title in US?
    Me: Senior Manager

VC: What is designation of the person you would report to in US?
    Me: XX

VC: Can you repeat your India and US salary?
    Me: Repeated

After this, he went on typing something on the screen for good two minutes and declared the result. When I asked him for the reason; he asked me to check with my HR! I left the consulate clueless on what caused the rejection.

Given this circumstances in which my visa was denied; I am bit unclear on whether i should apply for L1A individual right now or wait for 6 months and apply for L1A blanket once again. Any suggestion on the likelihood of approval of individual L1A in such situation will be highly appreciated. Also, does anyone have a view on what could have caused the denial?

Comment

director is the title of my supervisor

Originally posted by Sreejesh View Post
      what is the answer you had given for "What is designation of the person you would report to in US?"
      director

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X