Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Visa Stay policy

Hello folks,

I am having L1B Visa. I stayed for 3 months in USA from august to October in 2013, And in 2014, again I arrived in USA in September.
    Can anyone please confirm that for how many days I can stay this time.

I am totally confused about the 180 days stay limitation policy, as I came back to USA in completely different financial year.

Please help me.

Thanks,
    Nitesh Naini

Originally posted by niteshnaini View Post
    Hello folks,

I am having L1B Visa. I stayed for 3 months in USA from august to October in 2013, And in 2014, again I arrived in USA in September.
    Can anyone please confirm that for how many days I can stay this time.

I am totally confused about the 180 days stay limitation policy, as I came back to USA in completely different financial year.

Please help me.

Thanks,
    Nitesh Naini
    180 Days, financial year are irrelevant unless I am missing something which you have not told.

Your allowed stay is decided by I-94, generally visa officer write it on the seal of entry in your passport, in case a date is not mentioned, you can retrieve it from here, by filling the details:

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Raghvi,

Can you tell me if I go back to India in Dec 2014, after how many days can I back. How many days of gap is required to enter US again, without paying extra tax ( by extra tax, I am referring to tax which my company will be supposed to pay if I stay continuously for more than 180 day ).

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      180 Days, financial year are irrelevant unless I am missing something which you have not told.

Your allowed stay is decided by I-94, generally visa officer write it on the seal of entry in your passport, in case a date is not mentioned, you can retrieve it from here, by filling the details:

Comment

Well this sounds more like the partial "per-diem model" some companes employ in order to avoid paying taxes in US.
        I have seen some cases whee the person stays on for more than 180 days but still the company manages per diem model. I dont know the way it works out though. You would have to seek a tax expert advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X