Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COS from L1-b to H1-B question

Hello experts,
    I need your help to understand if I can do Change of status from L1-B to H1-B,

I got H1 in 2010 (valid from Feb 2011 to Dec 2011) and came to USA in Feb 2011. I got extension in Dec 2011 valid till Dec 2014 and went back to India in Feb 2012.
    I got stuck there due to administrative process at consulate which is still not resolved. I have never heard answer from consulate. My company (same who applied my H1 and extension) applied for L1-b in June 2014 and I got it approved and flied in USA in June 2014. My H1-b extension is still valid till end of next month. Can I use it for Change of status from L1-B to H1-B? or do I need to apply for new H1-B in April? Will I be exempted from H1 cap limit?

Thanks in advance.
    Meet

You can apply for H1B right away. You will not be subject to numerical limit or cap.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thank you Admin.
      Can I change status after December? If yes is there any limit in time after H1 expires?

Comment

Yes you can do so after December too. Time limit is 6 Years from your last held valid H1 status that is 6 Years from Feb 2012. Also do remember, your previous H1 and L1 stay would be counted towards the L1+H1 max 6 Years limitation.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X