L1 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 visa

Hello All, Just to let you know my case.
    I got my L1B visa in 2011. And in Oct 2013 I applied for extension which got denied.

My husband also did extension in 2012 which got extended till Nov 2014. So in Nov 2013 I applied for L2 visa and came back to US. And applied for EAD so I can work.
    As his extension was till 1st Nov 2014, my EAD and L2 was also till 1st Nov 2014 and so left US.

As my Husband's 5 year duration was not over in L1B he reapplied again for extension in Oct 2014 and got approved in 16th Nov 2014 for more 9 months till Jul 2015.
    So the option for me is to file L2 again to come back.

I wanted to know instead of applying L2 again, can I apply L1B instead? Is there some eligibility i do not qualify for filing now? Have heard for fresh L1B we have to be with the parent company in India for a year?

Originally posted by freezerip View Post
    Hello All, Just to let you know my case.
    I got my L1B visa in 2011. And in Oct 2013 I applied for extension which got denied.

My husband also did extension in 2012 which got extended till Nov 2014. So in Nov 2013 I applied for L2 visa and came back to US. And applied for EAD so I can work.
    As his extension was till 1st Nov 2014, my EAD and L2 was also till 1st Nov 2014 and so left US.

As my Husband's 5 year duration was not over in L1B he reapplied again for extension in Oct 2014 and got approved in 16th Nov 2014 for more 9 months till Jul 2015.
    So the option for me is to file L2 again to come back.

I wanted to know instead of applying L2 again, can I apply L1B instead? Is there some eligibility i do not qualify for filing now? Have heard for fresh L1B we have to be with the parent company in India for a year?
    Yes for fresh L1B you need to be working for the employer, outside US, for at least 1 Year in last 3 Years.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

L1B blanket after L1B Individual rejection

Hi

My company applied for L1 individual around a year back which was rejected after a RFE, probably doubting the specialized skill set.
      Even after a re-appeal, it did not come through.

Now my company (after being acquired by a bigger org) is eligible to file L1b blanket for me.
      Thought, I still have to see if they have changed the case/designation from my previous case - I do not have much hopes this time.

Has anyone seen any such case? I mostly came across cases where L1 indivdual was filed after L1 blanket was rejected.
      Mine is the other way round.

Any inputs/suggestions will be really helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        Yes for fresh L1B you need to be working for the employer, outside US, for at least 1 Year in last 3 Years.

Does the 1 year outside US has to be on a continuous basis.

Thanks

Comment

Yes.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X