L1 A Individual (Opinion required)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 A Individual (Opinion required)

Dear Forum Users- I just received my L1A Individual petition and my Current company is not having any onsite jobs. They are asking me to work for some other account based out of HYD. I want to ask if I get my VISa stamped will I be able to change the company in India or find a company who requires VISA ready resources so I can transfer my L1 to the new company. Im getting mixed resposnes on this that L1A individual can be transferred in India and some say NOT. PLease let me know if I can switch company in India or go to US and then switch over?

Originally posted by krishna1972 View Post
    Dear Forum Users- I just received my L1A Individual petition and my Current company is not having any onsite jobs. They are asking me to work for some other account based out of HYD. I want to ask if I get my VISa stamped will I be able to change the company in India or find a company who requires VISA ready resources so I can transfer my L1 to the new company. Im getting mixed resposnes on this that L1A individual can be transferred in India and some say NOT. PLease let me know if I can switch company in India or go to US and then switch over?
    L1 Visas are company specific, they cannot be transferred to another company except under certain guidelines after mergers and acquisitions.

If you want a "transferable" visa try H1.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X