L1A visa stamping in Canada or India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A visa stamping in Canada or India?

I am in the US on an approved extension of stay until Oct 2016 in L1A visa. My extension was filed based on the number of days that were lost in the visa category.

I am planning a trip to India but wanted to know if I should get the visa stamping done in Canada or India. What are the chances of rejection at the consulate? Will the approval for extension help?

The reason I am worried is my company is willing to file a GC for me in Aug 2015 and I don't want to loose this opportunity incase of un favored situation.

Please suggest.

Originally posted by mathewrond View Post
    I am in the US on an approved extension of stay until Oct 2016 in L1A visa. My extension was filed based on the number of days that were lost in the visa category.

I am planning a trip to India but wanted to know if I should get the visa stamping done in Canada or India. What are the chances of rejection at the consulate? Will the approval for extension help?

The reason I am worried is my company is willing to file a GC for me in Aug 2015 and I don't want to loose this opportunity incase of un favored situation.

Please suggest.
    To be absolutely safe would advise in dropping the India trip plan altogether. "Chances" of a successful visa stamp may be higher in Canada but there are no statistics to corroborate that as every case is different, and yours seem to be based on re-capture period so one cant say how deep the Visa officer would want to verify.

How long have you spent in US? Is company planning to file GC under EB1?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      To be absolutely safe would advise in dropping the India trip plan altogether. "Chances" of a successful visa stamp may be higher in Canada but there are no statistics to corroborate that as every case is different, and yours seem to be based on re-capture period so one cant say how deep the Visa officer would want to verify.

How long have you spent in US? Is company planning to file GC under EB1?

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks for your reply. My company is willing to file GC under EB1 and I have spent 4 years altogether in the US (since 2008, I kept travelling between India and US and had 2 times stamping in my passport and 2 times extension from USCIS).

Comment

Any suggestions please?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X