Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 7 years of L1A visa is getting expired by Feb 2014, Am I eligible to apply newH1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 7 years of L1A visa is getting expired by Feb 2014, Am I eligible to apply newH1B

My 7 years of L1A visa is getting expired by Feb 2014, If I apply for new H1B in April 2015 quota and gets approved, will I be able to come back to US after one year by March 2016.

Originally posted by calfall View Post
    My 7 years of L1A visa is getting expired by Feb 2014, If I apply for new H1B in April 2015 quota and gets approved, will I be able to come back to US after one year by March 2016.
    Feb 2014 or Feb 2015?

I dont think so. In order to get fresh H1 you will have to apply after completion of 1 Year outside US period, which for you would complete only in Feb 2016, so you can apply in April 2016 with a start date of Oct 2016. Whats the status on your GC?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by calfall View Post
      Thanks Raghvi for your response. My company didn't apply for GC , that's why I am looking for options to come back to US after one year.
      I believe for L1, will be eligible to apply and come to US in Mar 2016 after completing one year.
      Also, will I be able to apply GC from outside, if yes please let me know how to initiate GC process.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X