Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 EAD - Green Card / H1B

Hi All,

My husband is on L1A, but his employer is not sponsoring green card.. I am on L2+EAD.. Can I apply for H1B COS or Green Card.. I have 10+3 yrs diploma + 3 yrs bachelor degree (distance learing) and I have 10 yrs work experience.. Can anyone advise me..

Originally posted by Ramci View Post
    Hi All,

My husband is on L1A, but his employer is not sponsoring green card.. I am on L2+EAD.. Can I apply for H1B COS or Green Card.. I have 10+3 yrs diploma + 3 yrs bachelor degree (distance learing) and I have 10 yrs work experience.. Can anyone advise me..
    For H1 you would need an employer to sponsor your petition. Cap Subject H1 applications would be accepted from 01-April-2015 and you can only move to H1 from 01-Oct-2015 or later. As for GC , again your future employer has to file it. Depending upon the category, it can take from 1 Year to 10+ Years to get a GC.

When is your spouse's L1A I-94 expiring? How long he has been in US on L1?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.. My husband's L1A is expiring on 2016 Feb.. He entered US in May 2013... He will submitting his extension by 2015 Dec

Comment

under removal

How long is a removal proceeding going to take?
        I am under removal proceedings since February 2013. In April 2013 I got married to a US citizen but after a couple months the M***aukee sub office denied my wife's petition for the I-130 and they canceled our marriage because my wife was divorced only 2 months before we were married. We did not know the law of not being able to marry for 6 months after she received her final divorce agreement. So that's why it was denied. Then we were married again in February 2014, we did procedure over again, however ten days ago we received a letter from immigration. My wife's petition is denied again. Now I don't know what to do, I did not have any interview since I was placed under removal proceedings a year and a half ago. When my wife applied for petition I-130 second time, my lawyer told me that I do not need to go to court. She told us as soon as my petition, I-130 is approved and we pass the interview for the green card, my attorney would send the papers to court and cancel my case. I believed her and I thought she knew what she was doing, unfortunately I wasted almost two years and money. I have a few questions from your past cases: 1. Is it possible to complete this case? 2. What are the steps we need to take to finish this? 3. How long will this procedure take? I know that I have no choice and I need to wait, but I don't want to waste the time and money by doing it wrong. Your advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramci View Post
          Thanks for your reply.. My husband's L1A is expiring on 2016 Feb.. He entered US in May 2013... He will submitting his extension by 2015 Dec
          Well if his company is not going to sponsor his GC application then your next best bet would be to try to move to H1, either he moves to H1 or you move to H1, or both, but yes, you both would have to go through the H1 cap and find another GC sponsor for long term.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X