Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Individual Extension and H1B

Hello,
    Right now I am on L1B individual and working in USA. And also I have the valid H1B petition. My L1B is going to expire in march. So my company asked me to go for H1B stamping in Canada.

So here are my queries, please help.
    1. Can I go to Canada for fresh H1B stamping?(read some posts they are recommending to goto home country).
    2. Suppose if I go for H1B stamping to Canada for some reason if the VISA got rejected, can I come to USA on L1B(still has valid visa till March) or do I need to go back to home country? (Planning in january for H1B stamping).
    3. If H1B got rejected and If I can come back to USA , can I still apply for L1B extenstion?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Venkata Ganji View Post
    Hello,
    Right now I am on L1B individual and working in USA. And also I have the valid H1B petition. My L1B is going to expire in march. So my company asked me to go for H1B stamping in Canada.

So here are my queries, please help.
    1. Can I go to Canada for fresh H1B stamping?(read some posts they are recommending to goto home country).
    2. Suppose if I go for H1B stamping to Canada for some reason if the VISA got rejected, can I come to USA on L1B(still has valid visa till March) or do I need to go back to home country? (Planning in january for H1B stamping).
    3. If H1B got rejected and If I can come back to USA , can I still apply for L1B extenstion?

Thanks in advance
    1. Technically you can. How long have you been in US on L1?
    2. It depends if the VO does or does not cancel the existing L1 visa in the passport.
    3. Yes possible.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

L1B Individual Extension and H1B

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. Technically you can. How long have you been in US on L1?
      2. It depends if the VO does or does not cancel the existing L1 visa in the passport.
      3. Yes possible.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Hi Raghvi

Thanks a lot.
      I am in USA since from August 2012.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...