Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1 to H1 -- Processed as Consular Procesisng, Can york for a new employer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 -- Processed as Consular Procesisng, Can york for a new employer?

Hi All, Sorry if the post is redundant. I could not find answers to my case hence posting a new thread. Below is my situation , advise is highly appreciated.

I was on L1B since Aug 2011 and my L1B expired on Apr 2014, but I had a valid L1B I94 until Dec 2016 , so I continued to stay and work. In Apr 2014 the same employer filed a fresh H1b as a Consular Processing for me and it got approved on Oct 1st 2014.

1 ) Now since it is a consular processing I will still be on L1b's I94 until I go to India?

2) I found a new employer and he filed a H1b transfer for me using my Approved H1b's petition no. If my H1b transfer gets approved , can I start working for the new employer without going to have to go to India to get the H1B stamped?

3) what will be my status if I start working for the new employer?

Originally posted by varunbedi.it View Post
    Hi All, Sorry if the post is redundant. I could not find answers to my case hence posting a new thread. Below is my situation , advise is highly appreciated.

I was on L1B since Aug 2011 and my L1B expired on Apr 2014, but I had a valid L1B I94 until Dec 2016 , so I continued to stay and work. In Apr 2014 the same employer filed a fresh H1b as a Consular Processing for me and it got approved on Oct 1st 2014.

1 ) Now since it is a consular processing I will still be on L1b's I94 until I go to India?

2) I found a new employer and he filed a H1b transfer for me using my Approved H1b's petition no. If my H1b transfer gets approved , can I start working for the new employer without going to have to go to India to get the H1B stamped?

3) what will be my status if I start working for the new employer?
    1. Yes.
    2. Was the H1 applied as COS? If Yes, then the approval should come with a new I-94 as bottom half of the I797.
    3. If H1 approved as COS with new I-94, then you would move to H1 and must work only with that employer from COS date.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X