Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B petition valid and I94 about to expire!!! ....Please help

Hi All,

My husband is on L1b visa. Our petition is valid till 2016 September. But when we went for our visa stamping, Our I94 was given till 2015 may at Canada POE as My husband passport was expiring by 2015 may. I am also working and my EAD is valid only till 2015 may . Now we got my husband passport renewed and the validity is for 10 years. The question is how to get our I94 extended.

-> we went to CBP office in Houston, explained our case but they denied to extend I94 as it was not issued in error and asked us to approach USCIS office.
    -> we are aware that if we travel outside USA we can get the I94 extended. But, I want to know if there is a way to get the I94 extended without travelling outside.
    -> Also, as we are in Houston, so if we travel to Mexico border near to Houston can we get our I94 extended? But the concern is do we need to have visitor visa just for this purpose? has anyone been to Mexico border near to Houston?
    -> We found out from USCIS that we need to file I129 and I539 together. But my husband company is not aware of this process and not guiding us on how to do it. Instead they are asking to travel outside and come back to USA.

Please help us. We are in a stuck situation without knowing what to do. Please help.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi All,

My husband is on L1b visa. Our petition is valid till 2016 September. But when we went for our visa stamping, Our I94 was given till 2015 may at Canada POE as My husband passport was expiring by 2015 may. I am also working and my EAD is valid only till 2015 may . Now we got my husband passport renewed and the validity is for 10 years. The question is how to get our I94 extended.

-> we went to CBP office in Houston, explained our case but they denied to extend I94 as it was not issued in error and asked us to approach USCIS office.
    -> we are aware that if we travel outside USA we can get the I94 extended. But, I want to know if there is a way to get the I94 extended without travelling outside.
    -> Also, as we are in Houston, so if we travel to Mexico border near to Houston can we get our I94 extended? But the concern is do we need to have visitor visa just for this purpose? has anyone been to Mexico border near to Houston?
    -> We found out from USCIS that we need to file I129 and I539 together. But my husband company is not aware of this process and not guiding us on how to do it. Instead they are asking to travel outside and come back to USA.

Please help us. We are in a stuck situation without knowing what to do. Please help.
    Till when is the visa valid? If valid till Sep 2016, leaving and re entering would be the least risky option.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X