Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a UK citizen work for a Swiss company in the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a UK citizen work for a Swiss company in the US?

Hi Everyone

Hoping someone here can offer some insight...

I'm a British Citizen working in the USA for a UK company on an L1B visa. Another company based in the USA but headquartered in Switzerland is looking to hire me, and I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to transfer my visa this way? I think it's transferable to a US company, but not sure how it works given that they're swiss.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

AB

Originally posted by Bella_B View Post
    Hi Everyone

Hoping someone here can offer some insight...

I'm a British Citizen working in the USA for a UK company on an L1B visa. Another company based in the USA but headquartered in Switzerland is looking to hire me, and I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to transfer my visa this way? I think it's transferable to a US company, but not sure how it works given that they're swiss.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

AB
    L1 visas are not transferable within different companies not related to each other. What you would need is either a new L1 from the Swiss company, or a H1.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      L1 visas are not transferable within different companies not related to each other. What you would need is either a new L1 from the Swiss company, or a H1.

Thank you, that's useful to know.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post

Many thanks raghvi, one additional question I thought of, would applying with the new company for an L1 or H1 visa effect my current L1B visa in any way. Would my current employer find out about it in any way?

Comment

Originally posted by Bella_B View Post
          Many thanks raghvi, one additional question I thought of, would applying with the new company for an L1 or H1 visa effect my current L1B visa in any way. Would my current employer find out about it in any way?
          For L1 you need to work with the Swiss company for at least a year in order to get L1 eligibility for them. For H1, the earliest they can apply is April 2015 and the earliest start date, if approved, would start from 01-Oct-2015.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X