Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB1 c GC on L2 visa

Hi All,
    So my company is filing my L1B and my husband was to accompany me on L2. Now his company also wants him to work in US.
    Since he was a manager in india for 2 yrs, he qualifies in L1A status. But i was wondering if he can enter on L2 and ask his company to file gc in eb1c directly without converting to L1A.

Is that possible? Can he ask them to initiate gc process from india itself? Will it affect the filing of gc when his address changes from US to India? Or should he wait till he joins his company in US?

What is the quickest way to get gc in the situation above?

Thanks,
    Sayali.

Can the experts please chime in? Do we need to hold an L1 or H1 visa for your gc to be filed in eb1c category?

Comment

Originally posted by hello_say View Post
      Hi All,
      So my company is filing my L1B and my husband was to accompany me on L2. Now his company also wants him to work in US.
      Since he was a manager in india for 2 yrs, he qualifies in L1A status. But i was wondering if he can enter on L2 and ask his company to file gc in eb1c directly without converting to L1A.

Is that possible? Can he ask them to initiate gc process from india itself? Will it affect the filing of gc when his address changes from US to India? Or should he wait till he joins his company in US?

What is the quickest way to get gc in the situation above?

Thanks,
      Sayali.
      EB1c is certainly the fastest way if his employer is willing to.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Yes but can it be filed without a L1 or H1 visa? Does his vompany need to file L1 first or can they file gc directly in EB1c?
        Can it be filed directly from India or on a L2 visa.

Thanks Raghvi,
        Sayali.

Comment

Technically it can be filed, but eventually he needs to be in US, to apply I140 and I485 concurrently. On what visa is he going to enter at that time?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Mostly on L2 visa. Didnt want to waste time and money applying for his L1A.
            I will let him ask his lawyers, just in case.
            Thanks,
            Sayali.

Comment

Originally posted by hello_say View Post
              Mostly on L2 visa. Didnt want to waste time and money applying for his L1A.
              I will let him ask his lawyers, just in case.
              Thanks,
              Sayali.
              Hi,
              Can you please update on your status on how you proceed further with this? Have he travelled on L2 and then applied for EAD to join his organization? Are you able to apply for GC in EB1 category?

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X