L1 Expedited Review Worth It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 Expedited Review Worth It?

We're about to submit a request for an L1 visa. What does the expedited review get us? Our lawyer is saying that it really only guarantees they will process the initial request within two weeks, something they normally do in about 30 days and that it isn't really worth it. Is that right? What about if there is a request for evidence (something our lawyer says we should expect). Will the fact we paid for expedited review help us out if that happens?

do you mean premium processing? if I understand it correctly....

it really depends on your case and circumstance if you really have the urgency, they can reply in a week to 10 days time

but RFE are common now, so do not be surprised to receive one.

once again, it depends on your situation and urgency

Comment

Originally posted by Javs52 View Post
      do you mean premium processing? if I understand it correctly....
      Yes, premium processing... sorry about the terminology mixup.

it really depends on your case and circumstance if you really have the urgency, they can reply in a week to 10 days time
      How long does it usually take without premium processing. My lawyer said 30 days, but I think I've read elsewhere that it can take much longer.

but RFE are common now, so do not be surprised to receive one.
      Our lawyer said they are very common so that's also part of my question. Does premium processing at all affect the RFE process? Will it make them review our response to the RFE faster?

Comment

L1 Expedited Review Worth It?

If you arent in a massive rush just get it done normally. Some say Premium processing increases the likelihood of getting an RFE, but expect one regardless. If you do get am RFE, you can upgrade to Premium processing then if you want to speed the process up.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X