Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Process/procedure to change the status from L1B to H1B while staying in US on L1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Process/procedure to change the status from L1B to H1B while staying in US on L1

Hi

I am in US, recently came from India on L1 throuh Employer A which is expiring on Dec 2015. I got an approved H1B petition from Employer B (lottery picked in 2014, have active petition from Oct 2014 - valid until Sept 2015).

I have few questions:

1) If I get a job offer from Employer C though I haven't worked for Employer B for any time who processed my H1, can I take the job offer and join Company C so that my H1B is getting transferred and change of status from L1 to H1 is done in a single go?
    2) If I get a job offer through Employer B, what is the process to change the status from L1 to H1?
    3) what is the ideal time to start the change of status L1 to H1 i.e. 3 months before H1B petition expiry date?
    4) Is it mandatory to have 3 payslips with the Employer B who processed the H1B petition?

Thanks for your help in advance.

thanx
    Sudmars

Hi,

Please provide some guidance. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sudmars View Post
      Hi,

Please provide some guidance. Thanks
      Please provide some guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by sudmars View Post
        Please provide some guidance.
        1. Yes you can.
        2. They can file a I129 with a Change of Status request. Do understand if COS to H1 is approved, you must work with H1 employer and get paid too.
        3. Its the employer who files it, but you need to agree only when you are sure the H1 employer has work and ability to pay you.
        4. Depends on what exactly you are asking for. If suppose B files your COS to H1, then as pointed out earlier, you must work for B, and get paid before you can file another "transfer" to join C or any other employer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X