L1B extension or L1A?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B extension or L1A?

I am on L1B visa which expires in July this year. I am applying H1B but that if approved would be effective only around October. Mean time, my company plans to file another L visa.

Question: I am trying to find which one would be a better option between filing L1B extension or L1A visa?

I am mainly concerned about approval chances as I have heard both L1B extension and L1B to L1A conversion can be tricky and have high rejection rates. Company is okay with either of the options.

Appreciate your guidance.

Originally posted by arorakannu View Post
    I am on L1B visa which expires in July this year. I am applying H1B but that if approved would be effective only around October. Mean time, my company plans to file another L visa.

Question: I am trying to find which one would be a better option between filing L1B extension or L1A visa?

I am mainly concerned about approval chances as I have heard both L1B extension and L1B to L1A conversion can be tricky and have high rejection rates. Company is okay with either of the options.

Appreciate your guidance.
    L1B and L1A both have different purposes and requirements. If you are into company specific tools/processes and can prove it I would say go for L1B, if you are into Management/Executive are go for L1A. This is just a very broad definition, one would have to look at the work profile, experience, salary, etc to determine, your company and attorney would be in the best to determine the ideal option.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X