L1-A Individual petition- Need Information-URGENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1-A Individual petition- Need Information-URGENT

My L1A Individual visa is expiring on April 30th 2015, but I 94 is valid till December 2017.
    Could you Please confirm which of the below option is true in my case:

(i) Can I stay in US till December 2017 without applying for an extension just like we can in case of blanket L1A visa .
    (ii) If I don't apply the extension, I can still stay in US till I 94 expires but cannot work.

My company is trying to file the extension before April 30th but hitting a few roadblocks

Appreciate your help.
    thanks
    Last edited by jackbauer; 03-11-2015, 10:20 AM.

I-94 serves as your work permit and its validity date overrides all other dates.

You can STAY and WORK in US till your I-94 expiry.

Comment

I fail to understand what the need is to file an extension when one already has I-94 till 2017. USCIS will most likely reject saying extension not required.

I do broadly agree with Shaan. But I-94 certainly does not override the tenure allowed on a particular visa. So for example, if one is completing 5 Years L1B stay on 01-April-2015, but has I-94 till 01-April 2017, one still needs to leave by 01-April-2015.

So in this particular case if the Forum member has not completed 7 Year stay till December 2017 then he/she can stay and work till then. Of course, he/she cannot leave US and re enter as that would need a new visa stamping.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Or

Thanks Shaan and Raghvi for the valuable opinions ..
        Well as per my understating your reply is true for the blanket visa where With I 94 you can stay and work even if the visa has expired but in case of "individual visa" this condition doesn't hold. Because in individual visa petition you have an end date.
        Appreciate your further insights.
        Last edited by jackbauer; 03-18-2015, 10:41 AM.

Comment

If there is a set PED which is before your visa expiry or I-94 expiry, your employer will need to file for an extension/renewal with USCIS.

Comment

Petition approval current status L-1A -Individual - I-129

Hi,
            I would appreciate if anyone could share the running status of L1A Individual petition (I-129) approval. The USCIS site still holding the old status updated way back on Jan 31st 2015.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X