Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa is valid for 3 years but I-129s valid for 1 year

Hi,

My L1B (Blanket) visa was approved on 16th Mar 2015. The console has approved the visa and in I-129s form, it is showing it is valid till 4 Mar 2016.

But when I have received my Passport, I found that the expiration date is 15 Mar 2018.

Can anyone tell me
    How long I can stay and work in US ?
    After 1 year (after 4th Mar 2016) if I come out from US can I again enter in US?
    What is the importance of I-129s valid date?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Soum

Your I-129S is the petition filed with USCIS by your employer. The expiry date on this document states how long your employer is ready to sponsor your work in US.
    L1B visa is generally approved for 3 years, which is also the case with you.
    However, for you to continue working in US beyond your I-129S expiry date, your employer will have to get it renewed / extended. This can be done while you are in US, around three months before I-129S expiry date.
    If you leave US without petition extension/renewal and try to enter US, you might be detained at the port of entry even though your visa has not expired - this is because L1B is employer specific visa and beyond petition expiry, you can't legally work in US.

Comment

L1b

Hi,

Can any one help on my case.

I have valid L1B visa and I 94, but my PED is expired. Can I travel to India as I have valid visa or
      Do I need to apply for petition extension/ fresh L1.

I have Canadian PR too. If at all I apply fresh L1, do you suggest the stamping in Canada/ India.

Awaiting for the reply.

Bhaggy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X