Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife is in USA on L1 and I have GC

Hi,
    My wife is working in USA on L1. I got GC about 18 months ago. My questions are
    (a) What is the best way to file GC form my wife?
    (b) How long it takes?
    (c) Anyone can suggest me a good lawyer to file GC for my wife?

Thank you,
    MM

Best option would be to apply as your dependent. How much time it is going to take is not definite, it depends on a host of parameters. But for a spouse application, it should not be very long.

Comment

Thanks

Hi Shaan,
      Thank you for the response. The reason why I asked this question is my wife has two options now. One, filing as dependent while working on L1. Other option is through company. Her company is willing to file for her. I am not sure which category (may be EB1A or EB1). If I know timelines for dependent Vs EB1, I can make a decision accordingly. However, thank you for the response. I will see if someone in this forum has any experience along these lines.

Regards,
      MM

Originally posted by me_shaan View Post
      Best option would be to apply as your dependent. How much time it is going to take is not definite, it depends on a host of parameters. But for a spouse application, it should not be very long.

Comment

EB1A is a rare possibility unless your wife has some extraordinary achievement in some field that US is looking out for.
        If she has L1A, with executive/managerial experience abroad for at least an year, she might be eligible for EB1C. Either way, if her employer is ready to sponsor her GC, you can go that way.
        If she has L1B, I am not sure if she will be classified under EB1 category.

Comment

Thank You

Thank you Shaan
          I guess she is having L1A. However, she is hasn't completed 1 year in USA. So I do not know if she can apply EB1A. She has been visiting USA last 7 yrs and works on the projects for 1-3 months and go back. She recently relocated to USA. I will findout some more details about the EB1A possibility.
          Thank you for your time

MM

Originally posted by me_shaan View Post
          EB1A is a rare possibility unless your wife has some extraordinary achievement in some field that US is looking out for.
          If she has L1A, with executive/managerial experience abroad for at least an year, she might be eligible for EB1C. Either way, if her employer is ready to sponsor her GC, you can go that way.
          If she has L1B, I am not sure if she will be classified under EB1 category.

Comment

L1 to L2, L2 to L1

Hi - Me and my spouse are both on L1A visa in US currently. My project is getting over and will have return to India. I planning to resign and convert to L2 status. I have a few queries

- My L1A is valid till Nov 2016. If I convert to L2, does it impact the L1A visa?

- When I apply for change to L2, what is the best way of ending my relationship with current employer? Resign, Sabbatical, etc to ensure the L1A remains valid.

- I will apply for EAD and continue to work on L2-EAD. Later, if my employer wants to convert me from L2 to L1 as my visa is still valid, will it be possible? Will it be possible, even if I resigned when I was on L1?

- If coversion from L2-EAD to L1 is possible, will I have to go to India for L1 stamping again? Can it done while I am in US?

Please guide.

Regards
            Veejay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X