Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to obtain L-1A Visa - Manager / transfer to US and work ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to obtain L-1A Visa - Manager / transfer to US and work ?

Hi to everybody. There's my story. I like to move to the US and do business here. I am from Prague/Czech Republic (CZ).

I own company ( s.r.o. which is equal to US LLC ) in Czech Republic and i am more than 1 year employed on manager's position ( technically i employed myself ).
    I am going to setup a new US company now, which will be owned also by me. I am now in US ( on Tourist visa till end of May.2015 ), so i am planing to open company account as well.
    I will start eShop with some import/export activities, to get a revenue and prove that our application is for real company.
    I want to apply to L-1A visa later, as Intracompany Transferee Executive or Manager and transfer myself and work in US under new company.

To be clear, i am running good business in CZ so i have financial sources. I like to do some more business in US and it will be new small company, like startup.

Company in the US will be selling products in to US and export them abroad. It will not buy or sell goods to my Czech company.

#1 Question is, if the steps are correct and i can do it ?

#2 Qestion is, when i find out that our eShop will not be successful and i decide to open Small Bakery, can i do it under same visa and same company ?

#3 Question is, if i will find out that my NEVADA branch company is not in good area and i will want to work in New York and open Small Car service, do i have to make all process of obtaining L-1A visa again and set up other company in NewYork ?

#4 Question is, if i can as Manager/Owner extend stay up to 7 ears and if i will be sucessful with company, i like to apply to GC.

#5 Question is, what if my CZ company i will not want to run anymore or it will be closed, and i will want run only US company ?

My basic question is if the visa L-1A is correct one for me ?

Thank you a lot guys ! I very appreciate any comments.

DeLucasso
    Last edited by delucasso; 04-14-2015, 07:15 PM. Reason: adding questions

Originally posted by delucasso View Post
    Hi to everybody. There's my story. I like to move to the US and do business here. I am from Prague/Czech Republic (CZ).

I own company ( s.r.o. which is equal to US LLC ) in Czech Republic and i am more than 1 year employed on manager's position ( technically i employed myself ).
    I am going to setup a new US company now, which will be owned also by me. I am now in US ( on Tourist visa till end of May.2015 ), so i am planing to open company account as well.
    I will start eShop with some import/export activities, to get a revenue and prove that our application is for real company.
    I want to apply to L-1A visa later, as Intracompany Transferee Executive or Manager and transfer myself and work in US under new company.

To be clear, i am running good business in CZ so i have financial sources. I like to do some more business in US and it will be new small company, like startup.

Company in the US will be selling products in to US and export them abroad. It will not buy or sell goods to my Czech company.

#1 Question is, if the steps are correct and i can do it ?

#2 Qestion is, when i find out that our eShop will not be successful and i decide to open Small Bakery, can i do it under same visa and same company ?

#3 Question is, if i will find out that my NEVADA branch company is not in good area and i will want to work in New York and open Small Car service, do i have to make all process of obtaining L-1A visa again and set up other company in NewYork ?

#4 Question is, if i can as Manager/Owner extend stay up to 7 ears and if i will be sucessful with company, i like to apply to GC.

#5 Question is, what if my CZ company i will not want to run anymore or it will be closed, and i will want run only US company ?

My basic question is if the visa L-1A is correct one for me ?

Thank you a lot guys ! I very appreciate any comments.

DeLucasso

L1A visa would be a tough sell to USCIS for this situation. It is generally given to Multi National Organization's Executives/Managers and above.

Try Eb5 or E2 visa. You need to talk to an immigration attorney as they would be best able to advise which one you can go for. L1A/Eb5/E2 are not easy to get without an attorney.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

L-1A for small business / startups

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      L1A visa would be a tough sell to USCIS for this situation. It is generally given to Multi National Organization's Executives/Managers and above.

Try Eb5 or E2 visa. You need to talk to an immigration attorney as they would be best able to advise which one you can go for. L1A/Eb5/E2 are not easy to get without an attorney.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Thanks for your opinion. I am trying to google more informations and i found info at attorneys pages. ( at the end of the page ).

I have experience, that my friend sucessfully applied for E2 visa without attorney and without many problems. Also my second friend was prepairing E2 visa but with attorney. He had a lot of money and it tooks such long time, that i think attorneys maked delays to get more money from him.

I am just wondering, if i try to get L-1A and will be denied, i will try E2 then..

"""
      [I]The L-1 visa is a good way for small or start-up overseas companies to expand their business and services to the United States. This is advantageous to smaller companies because it allows for the transfer of a highly proficient manager or executive who has direct knowledge of operations, allowing the setup of a new branch in compliance with the goals and objectives of the company’s main office. However, since the USCIS will scrutinize L visa petitions filed by lesser-known companies more closely, professional consultation with an experienced immigration lawyer is strongly recommended for these types of small businesses. -
      """
      Last edited by samlynn; 04-15-2015, 07:41 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X