Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to do H1B to L1A conversion while in the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to do H1B to L1A conversion while in the US?

Hi,

currently I am in US on H1B. My H1B is about to max out and i am looking at the possibility of converting from H1B to L1A. I am looking for some clarification on the below queries
    1. Can i (my employer) do the conversion while I am in the US or do i need go back to my country and then file the Change of Status from there?
    2. My H1B will max out in the next 6 months. In one of the threads on IMMIHELP, someone mentioned that i need to have at least 6 months on my H1B before i do the conversion, but i was not able to get any clear information. is this true?

it would be of great help if you could provide any clarification /additional information on the above queries.

Thanks,
    Nass

You can file your petition from US, but you have to go to a visa issuing post outside US to get your L1A stamped. Instead of travelling to India, you can look at options of going to US consulates in Mexico/Canada.
    Also, H1B to L1A conversion might not be that simple unless you have been recently promoted or had a grade hike within your organization to qualify you as a managerial/executive function holder.

Comment

Originally posted by me_shaan View Post
      You can file your petition from US, but you have to go to a visa issuing post outside US to get your L1A stamped. Instead of travelling to India, you can look at options of going to US consulates in Mexico/Canada.
      Also, H1B to L1A conversion might not be that simple unless you have been recently promoted or had a grade hike within your organization to qualify you as a managerial/executive function holder.
      thanks Shaan for your inputs.
      Note: I am good with rest of the requirements for L1A:-)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X