L1A expiring with valid I-94 for 3 more years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A expiring with valid I-94 for 3 more years

Hello, Could anyone please address my query?

I had entered US on L1A visa on "BLANKET" petition in Sep'2012 with family with a visa & I-94 validity till Jun'2015. In 2014 we all traveled to India for vacation and got new I-94 upon return with validity till 2017.

1. Now (May 2015) when I asked my company to file L1A visa extension they said no extension is needed since I-94 is valid till 2017. can they not extend the visa in this scenario at all?
    2. They said I can stay here till the I-94 validity. How do I come back to US if I or spouse (L2) travel out of US for an emergency?
    3. How to getting stamping done if the extension is not applied and approved?
    4. Since the L1A visa has 7 years overall validity upon extension, is it right or lawful not allowing extension now and loosing lawful status if travel out of country?

Pls help with your answers

Thanks

L1B Stay Exausted before L1A decision is declared by USCIS

At the time of entry to the US I got my I-94 beyond my Visa date.

L1B Visa Date: Apr 2011 to Apr 2014.

I-94 end date: June 2016

Completing 5 years of stay on L1B in Apr 2016.

My Company is filing L1A extention in May 2016. Can i stay in the US until my L1A decision is declared, irrespective of completing 5 years of stay on L1-B?

Comment

Originally posted by kotaprolu View Post
      At the time of entry to the US I got my I-94 beyond my Visa date.

L1B Visa Date: Apr 2011 to Apr 2014.

I-94 end date: June 2016

Completing 5 years of stay on L1B in Apr 2016.

My Company is filing L1A extention in May 2016. Can i stay in the US until my L1A decision is declared, irrespective of completing 5 years of stay on L1-B?
      Your company is filing L1B to L1A or L1A extension ? As both are different things.

If it is L1B to L1A then I believe it has to be filed at least 6 Months before 5 Years completion on L1B that is Nov 2015 in your case. I believe if it is filed at that time, you should get decision before your 5th Year term completes.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X