Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from L1-A to GreenCard

Hi,

I arrived to USA 7 months ago to work for company A with a visa L1-A. I would like to work for company B but they can only file the H1-B visa in April 2016 and if I am lucky (because there is a lottery...) I would get it in October 2016, which is way too late for them.

I learnt that with L1-A I can get Green Card and in some forums I read that can be pretty fast (around 5 months). The question I have is, can company B file for my Green Card? or has to be company A?

I am pretty sure company A will not approve that....at least not right now...

Thanks for any answer!

Originally posted by crackmanworld View Post
    Hi,

I arrived to USA 7 months ago to work for company A with a visa L1-A. I would like to work for company B but they can only file the H1-B visa in April 2016 and if I am lucky (because there is a lottery...) I would get it in October 2016, which is way too late for them.

I learnt that with L1-A I can get Green Card and in some forums I read that can be pretty fast (around 5 months). The question I have is, can company B file for my Green Card? or has to be company A?

I am pretty sure company A will not approve that....at least not right now...

Thanks for any answer!
    Company B can file green card, but dont think they can file under EB1, as for that you would have to work for at least 1 Year in a Managerial/Executive position for B outside US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X