Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 EAD Processing time

hi,

I have applied for my l2 EAD on March 26 and not received it yet.

Any idea if there is any way to fast track the process?

Originally posted by rshah12 View Post
    hi,

I have applied for my l2 EAD on March 26 and not received it yet.

Any idea if there is any way to fast track the process?
    USCIS says 90 days but there have been delays. There is no fast track but one can initiate a service request if EAD application has been pending for at least 75 days. Call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      USCIS says 90 days but there have been delays. There is no fast track but one can initiate a service request if EAD application has been pending for at least 75 days. Call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Hi Raghvi.. Thanks for your reply.

Today I got an email from the USCIS stating that

Your Case Status: Request for Evidence

On May 22, 2015, we suspended processing of your Form I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, because we need more information from you. Your notice explains what we need from you to resume working on your case. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your request for additional evidence notice by June 21, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Please guide me as to why I got this and what action should be taken from my side.
      And is this something to worry about?

Comment

Hi Raghvi.. Thanks for your reply.

Today I got an email from the USCIS stating that

Your Case Status: Request for Evidence

On May 22, 2015, we suspended processing of your Form I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, because we need more information from you. Your notice explains what we need from you to resume working on your case. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your request for additional evidence notice by June 21, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Please guide me as to why I got this and what action should be taken from my side.
        And is this something to worry about?
        Cant say for sure one would have to read the RFE document to understand what is the additional evidence they may require. Normally they would want primary L1's valid status papers (I-94, paystubs etc). Wait till you get the notice in hand and respond as per directions therein.

Comment

Hey -

In my case wherein I had filed a case back on the 26th Jan -15, they came back on the 90th day asking for more evidence. To my surprise they asked for the i-94 of my spouse which is never a part of the initial docs requested.

As of today which is 4 months now, I haven't received the EAD. They hv received my docs and updated the status of my case. Also I have called USCIS and have them filed a Service Request/ Ticket to expedite.

You can see the history of my case : Delay for EAD for L2.

Thanks! Gaurav
          Thanks! Gilbert

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
            Cant say for sure one would have to read the RFE document to understand what is the additional evidence they may require. Normally they would want primary L1's valid status papers (I-94, paystubs etc). Wait till you get the notice in hand and respond as per directions therein.

HI Raghvi

Thanks!!

I have received my RFE letter which says the following:

Following evidence is required:

Status: Submit a copy of your Spouse's Form I94, Arrival and Departure Record, which was issued upon arrival in the Unites States as well as any form I-797 approval notices issued for any extensions of stay. Also please submit a copy of the principal's (Spouse) Notice of Action (Form I-797) approval notice for form I-129.

Marriage Certificate: Submit a copy of your marriage certificate to thr principal L1 intracompany transferee (Spouse) as well as a certified copy of the English translation, if needed.

I am providing:

My Husband's I-94
            His I 797 and I 129
            Also my marriage certificate is in two languages English and a foreign language, so I am providing a copy of that.

Please confirm if anything else is needed.

Comment

HI Raghvi

Thanks!!

I have received my RFE letter which says the following:

Following evidence is required:

Status: Submit a copy of your Spouse's Form I94, Arrival and Departure Record, which was issued upon arrival in the Unites States as well as any form I-797 approval notices issued for any extensions of stay. Also please submit a copy of the principal's (Spouse) Notice of Action (Form I-797) approval notice for form I-129.

Marriage Certificate: Submit a copy of your marriage certificate to thr principal L1 intracompany transferee (Spouse) as well as a certified copy of the English translation, if needed.

I am providing:

My Husband's I-94
              His I 797 and I 129
              Also my marriage certificate is in two languages English and a foreign language, so I am providing a copy of that.

Please confirm if anything else is needed.

Hi there

I have submitted the evidences and now my status has changes to "Request for Evidence Response Review".

But also it says that i should get the decision by 28th July. Already till 22nd May 2015, 57 out of 90 days of my time was completed. Now it should resume from 58th day from today. So i should get the decision in one month. But they say it will come by 28th July which is 2 months from today.

Has anybody faced such situation. Or can anybody help me understand this.

Comment

hi Rashi,
                What initial docs you sent?
                Thanks

Comment

Hi there

I have submitted the evidences and now my status has changes to "Request for Evidence Response Review".

But also it says that i should get the decision by 28th July. Already till 22nd May 2015, 57 out of 90 days of my time was completed. Now it should resume from 58th day from today. So i should get the decision in one month. But they say it will come by 28th July which is 2 months from today.

Has anybody faced such situation. Or can anybody help me understand this.
                  Hi, Yes in my case as well, there is a serious level of delays. I filed a case on 26th Jan. on the 88th day they came back asking for additional docs which was i-94 for spouse. and once the case status changed to - Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received.....they have updated the date to 6th July which is 60 days from evidence received date. that would be a overall 2 months delay. I am still waiting !
                  Thanks! Gilbert

Comment

Service Centres

Rshah/Gilbert,

Can you share to which service centre has your application been sent to?...Vermont/Nebraska/??
                    Also is this your first EAD card or an EAD extension?

Look forward for your response.

Rmawks

Comment

Originally posted by rmawks View Post
                      Rshah/Gilbert,

Can you share to which service centre has your application been sent to?...Vermont/Nebraska/??
                      Also is this your first EAD card or an EAD extension?

Look forward for your response.

Rmawks
                      My EAD status has now changed to "Case was Approved".
                      Can anyone tell me what is the process after this and how long it will take to get the card.

Comment

my ead status has now changed to "case was approved".
                        Can anyone tell me what is the process after this and how long it will take to get the card.
                        nebraska...its day 86....i have to join on jan 26 th

Comment

EAD request for further evidence

Hi everyone,
                          I, too, got notification of additional evidence required and was nervous as to what they could possibly want after 91 days of processing!
                          Now I know to expect to send my husband's I94, a copy of our marriage cert (although I'm pretty sure I sent that in the initial submission) and some other things mentioned here.

Quick questions: how long did it take for you to receive the notification with details as to what to submit in the mail? I'm checking the post box daily but nothing's arrived yet.

Comment

EAD Approved

Ead application sent on Feb 7th
                            Status changed to approved on Mar 19th
                            Status changes to "Card Sent" on Mar 22nd
                            I-797 approval notice received on Mar 22nd
                            Waiting for card.

Comment

Isn't the L2 dependent (a)(18) EAD application supposed to be sent to Dallas or Phoenix as per the link below? Was it earlier different as i see posts here talking about Nebraska and Vermont. Does any body have experience processing EAD at Dallas or Phoenix ? How long does it take there?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X