L1b status case received after 3 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1b status case received after 3 months

My company filed an L1B extension petition for me in mid March 2015. The i94 expiry was end of May. The case is still showing as "case received" even after 90 days have passed since the receipt. The processing time for Vermont service center show approximately 2.5 months for L1. Any idea if this is normal? If it was at least initial review, I would not be worried. Anyone in similar situation, or have an idea how fast / slow things are moving in vermont for regular L1 petitions?

Originally posted by loafer View Post
    My company filed an L1B extension petition for me in mid March 2015. The i94 expiry was end of May. The case is still showing as "case received" even after 90 days have passed since the receipt. The processing time for Vermont service center show approximately 2.5 months for L1. Any idea if this is normal? If it was at least initial review, I would not be worried. Anyone in similar situation, or have an idea how fast / slow things are moving in vermont for regular L1 petitions?
    I would not call it abnormal considering the recent delays. Unfortunately there is no defined timelines for non premium cases.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by loafer View Post
      Hi ,

I'm in similar situation too, I'm on L1B and my I94 expires in Aug 2015, so my employer filed the extension in mid April 2015, and its with the same Vermont Service center,
      and even my case is showing 'Case received', and I checked the processing time on vermont chart, currently it says march 9th for L1, but last updated was April 30th on the chart, So even I'm confused about the delay.,
      The question that I have for you is., I'm assuming that you are still waiting for the decision but since your i94 ended in May, what is the current status of your stay., is still L1B or it will be changed to anything else while you wait for the decision, please reply thanks much

Comment

you are on l1

Originally posted by Vinod_Kumar View Post
        Hi ,

I'm in similar situation too, I'm on L1B and my I94 expires in Aug 2015, so my employer filed the extension in mid April 2015, and its with the same Vermont Service center,
        and even my case is showing 'Case received', and I checked the processing time on vermont chart, currently it says march 9th for L1, but last updated was April 30th on the chart, So even I'm confused about the delay.,
        The question that I have for you is., I'm assuming that you are still waiting for the decision but since your i94 ended in May, what is the current status of your stay., is still L1B or it will be changed to anything else while you wait for the decision, please reply thanks much
        You can legally stay 240 days based on an extension petition that is pending decision. You are on L1 status itself. The only catch there is, if it is denied in that time frame, you have to leave the country as soon as possible. Also, there is varying opinion on whether you are illegal after the i94 expiry, if the petition is denied say 4 months later. I am in a situation where I can't insist on premium processing, but I suggest you do it if possible.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X