EAD Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD Query

I am currently on a L1 B Visa which is expiring on March 10, 2016. I am planning to apply for an EAD for my wife who is here on a L2 Visa. Please find my questions below:

1) If my L1 B VISA extension is successful, then can my wife still continue on the same EAD (by applying an extension) which I had applied earlier? Or does she have to apply for a new EAD? If she has to apply for a new EAD , can she work in the meantime on the old EAD?

2) If I get a new L1 B or L1 A VISA, can my wife continue to work on her old EAD while we apply for a new EAD?

Originally posted by sandeeptripathi View Post
    I am currently on a L1 B Visa which is expiring on March 10, 2016. I am planning to apply for an EAD for my wife who is here on a L2 Visa. Please find my questions below:

1) If my L1 B VISA extension is successful, then can my wife still continue on the same EAD (by applying an extension) which I had applied earlier? Or does she have to apply for a new EAD? If she has to apply for a new EAD , can she work in the meantime on the old EAD?

2) If I get a new L1 B or L1 A VISA, can my wife continue to work on her old EAD while we apply for a new EAD?
    If you apply for her EAD now she would most probably get it only till March 10 2016 (if her and your I-94 is valid till March 10 2016) . Once you get a L1 extension or L1A approval the EAD extension can be applied.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      If you apply for her EAD now she would most probably get it only till March 10 2016 (if her and your I-94 is valid till March 10 2016) . Once you get a L1 extension or L1A approval the EAD extension can be applied.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thank You for answering my question. Can you please answer the below as well.

1) Is the EAD tied to a VISA? What I mean is if we apply for EAD on a dependent L2 VISA and then when both the L1 and L2 go get a new L1 and L2 VISA done (Not extension but new petition and VISA) does the EAD even though it is still valid (In my case till March 10th 2016) becomes invalid before March 10th 2016 as now the dependent has got a new VISA?

2) I know once the dependent gets a new VISA I would need to file for the EAD Extension. But till she gets the EAD extension will she be able to work at least till March 10th 2016 which would be her EAD expiration date? I know she cannot work after March 10th 2016 as her current EAD would expire then and if she does not get the extended EAD by that time?

3) Once we get the new L1 and L2 VISA's, we need to apply for a new EAD or extension for the existing EAD?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X