Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to L1A Visa

Hi,

I have valid L1B (Blanket) visa till Jun'17. But based on my maxout period, I can stay another 8months from now on the existing visa. Currently, I am in India & was away from US for little more than a year. My company agreed to process new petition for new L1A (Blanket) visa so that I get fresh & full tenure of L1A visa. Question is,

- Since I have a valid L1B visa, does that affect my new L1A visa chances?
    - If VO ask why L1A when L1B is valid, what should be the appropriate answer?
    - If my L1A is not approved for some reason, do VO cancel my existing L1B visa? I have tentative travel plan during Aug'15
    - Is it better to apply L1A Individual or L1A Blanket?

Kindly help & advise.

Regards
    Kumar

Hello Raghvi,

Kindly provide your advise. Thanks much.

Regards
    Kumar

Comment

If you have not been promoted to a new designation recently, you might have a difficult time justifying to the VO why you need to convert to L1A.

Your L1A rejection will not impact validity of your L1B though.

Comment

Originally posted by kumar_123 View Post
        Hi,

I have valid L1B (Blanket) visa till Jun'17. But based on my maxout period, I can stay another 8months from now on the existing visa. Currently, I am in India & was away from US for little more than a year. My company agreed to process new petition for new L1A (Blanket) visa so that I get fresh & full tenure of L1A visa. Question is,

- Since I have a valid L1B visa, does that affect my new L1A visa chances?
        - If VO ask why L1A when L1B is valid, what should be the appropriate answer?
        - If my L1A is not approved for some reason, do VO cancel my existing L1B visa? I have tentative travel plan during Aug'15
        - Is it better to apply L1A Individual or L1A Blanket?

Kindly help & advise.

Regards
        Kumar
        You cannot just convert to L1A to extend the stay of L1B. You have to provide evidences of change in nature of role, remember L1B is for specialized skills and L1A is for multi national executive. So you and your employer must be ready to provide evidence of you taking on the managerial/executive responsibility, which as mentioned by fellow member would first need you to get internally promoted to that role.

- Already having an L1B does not increase or decrease your L1A chances.
        - Because your role changed or added roles and responsibilities.
        - May be, depends upon the officer.
        - Your company immigration team should be able to decide that based upon the strength of documentation.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X