Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A ( 7 Years) extend based on Approved I140

Hi,

I am currently on L1A and my max out is Dec 2016. I converted from L1B to L1A 2 years back and have never been on H Visa.
    My GC was filled more than a year back and PERM is approved and I140 has just been submitted. Given that i may get my I140 approved by end of this year ( My 6th Year completion) what options i have to continue to stay in US in case my H1 Conversion doesn't get selected in lottery for Apr 2015.

Will going back to INDIA now and coming back in Aug 2016, help me in resetting the clock? My only concern with this option is i know the rejection rate for L1A might be high.

Please advice.

Originally posted by Deepak Sankarraman View Post
    Hi,

I am currently on L1A and my max out is Dec 2016. I converted from L1B to L1A 2 years back and have never been on H Visa.
    My GC was filled more than a year back and PERM is approved and I140 has just been submitted. Given that i may get my I140 approved by end of this year ( My 6th Year completion) what options i have to continue to stay in US in case my H1 Conversion doesn't get selected in lottery for Apr 2015.

Will going back to INDIA now and coming back in Aug 2016, help me in resetting the clock? My only concern with this option is i know the rejection rate for L1A might be high.

Please advice.
    Wasn't GC applied under EB1?

L1A cannot be extended based upon an approved I140 only H1 can be extended beyond 6 Years based upon an approved I140. As for H1 lottery I believe you should have already got a receipt if selected in lottery.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepak Sankarraman View Post
      Hi,

Please advice.
      [QUOTE=bmr10]
      Hi, You can apply for H1 under non-cap(without lottery) provided your company is eligible for it.

This is my opinion not a legal advice.
      [QUOTE]

Comment

From L1A, you can apply for H1 under non-cap based on your approved I-140 provided your employer has the eligibility.

This is not a legal opinion.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X