Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD extension on L2 visa RFE

Hi There,

I am currently in US on L1B visa which is expiring June 2016. My I94 is also valid till June 2016.
    My wife's EAD(on L2) will expire in September 2015. She applied for an EAD extension (I-765) and received RFE asking for the following -

(i) Evidence of our 'L' immigration status in US.
    (ii) Photocopy of our visa and passport pages.
    (iii) Evidence to prove spouse of non-immigrant on L1 status.

Questions -
    - What should be provided to USCIS to prove evidence of current 'L' immigration status in USA? Will most recent I94 work as it presents latest information?
    - How long L2 EAD may be extended considering the fact my L1B visa getting expired in June 2016? Normally L2 EAD is given for two years. Since my I94 still has more than six months to expire I cannot file for L1B extension either.
    - If USCIS extends EAD till I94 expiry date June 2016 and I apply for L1B extension in Feb 2016, do I again need to renew L2 EAD?

Your response to my queries will be highly appreciated as it may help us to draft RFE response to USCIS.

Thanks again,
    Abhishek

Originally posted by abhishek_itengg View Post
    Hi There,

I am currently in US on L1B visa which is expiring June 2016. My I94 is also valid till June 2016.
    My wife's EAD(on L2) will expire in September 2015. She applied for an EAD extension (I-765) and received RFE asking for the following -

(i) Evidence of our 'L' immigration status in US.
    (ii) Photocopy of our visa and passport pages.
    (iii) Evidence to prove spouse of non-immigrant on L1 status.

Questions -
    - What should be provided to USCIS to prove evidence of current 'L' immigration status in USA? Will most recent I94 work as it presents latest information?
    - How long L2 EAD may be extended considering the fact my L1B visa getting expired in June 2016? Normally L2 EAD is given for two years. Since my I94 still has more than six months to expire I cannot file for L1B extension either.
    - If USCIS extends EAD till I94 expiry date June 2016 and I apply for L1B extension in Feb 2016, do I again need to renew L2 EAD?

Your response to my queries will be highly appreciated as it may help us to draft RFE response to USCIS.

Thanks again,
    Abhishek
    - Your latest I-94 as well as latest paystubs.
    - L2 EAD would be given only till your I-94 expiry/your spouse's I-94 expiry whichever is earlier.
    - Yes you would have to renew it.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X