L1 Blanket-L2 VISA -ACCEPTED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 Blanket-L2 VISA -ACCEPTED

I still remember the day - 18th August, 2014 when our interview for visa was scheduled in Chennai Office. We had already done our fingerprints on 11th August in New-Delhi office. So, there was a gap for us of one week and this was quiet enough to have thorough preparations for the Big Day. One day prior to our interview, me and my wife gave a mock interview to each other by going through all the previous questions posted on this site. That was the best part of our preparations. So, on the D-day, we planned to reach early as our appointment was at 7:30 am. I was dressed in blue shirt and black trousers. And my wife wore light yellow kurta. Late arrival of our taxi driver caused us to reached around 6:45 am where as we had planned to reach there by 6:15. This caused us some nervousness but luckily there were only 5-6 people were ahead of us in a queue. Just after like 10 mins when we turned back, to our surprise the queue had grown like a big serpent whose end no-where to be seen. Even our efforts to reach early didn't give us fruit yet as we were told they have some system issues so we have to wait little longer.

Finally around 8, we got green signal to enter the embassy Main gate after they checked our passports and interview letters. My wife was carrying a big bag so she was made to rush back to a local guy who was in-charge of some lockers outside the main gate. After that they scanned out all the supporting documents and the stuff that we were carrying and they thoroughly checked each and every document. Then we were directed to next building where we had to deposit the fees as a bank draft and there one staff member who checked our visa applications together with I-129s form. He made three subsets of :
    1. Form I-129S,
    2. G28, petition letter of support,
    3. a copy of blanket L petition approval granted to company on Form I-797,
    4. My resume and education and
    5. proof of payment.

We got a token number when we submitted the demand draft. We were again directed to another room where there were many counters and interviews were going on. We got the number "3" to our interview window -27. But it was closed so sat there, waiting for it to open with so many things going inside. After 10 mins, our number displayed and we reached to the window but there were two people ahead of us. Interview started with a student who was trying to get admission in one of US college. He got rejected and our nervousness grew. Next came an old man who was going on B1 visa for some training in New York. His accepted. And then it was our turn. The interviewer asked us for the documents and we handed him all the docs. He asked us the following questions:

For L1B:
    1. How long you are with this company?
    2. What your company does?
    3. What is the duration of your project?
    4. What is the address of your company in US?
    5. What will be your salary in US?
    6. Are you in development or testing?
    7. If it is testing why they need you there? Can't it be done from India?

For L2 visa:
    1. What is your name?
    2. For how long are you married?
    3. Do you have any kids?
    4. Where you met for the first time?
    5. Education qualifications.

The last 7th question was asked to me after all L2 visa questions and when I was giving an answer, in-between only he picked up I-129S and started folding it. I was knowing that good news is on the way. He picked-up stamps and started turning the dates. And then the final words - Visa approved and he simultaneously stamped the I-129S and gave us the two copies. He told Congratulations and that we would be getting our passports mailed us back to Delhi Embassy.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X