Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query on L2 and EAD

Hi,

I am new to this forum and would like to get some info on L2 and EAD. My organization is applying for H4 to L2 COS and they have told that they will not be able to file for EAD along with L2. I have to do it on my own.

Questions I have :

- when can I apply for EAD? should I wait for L2 adjudication or can I file for EAD as soon as my company files L2?
    - if I need to wait for L2 adjudication, at what point do I need to file for EAD?
    - what is the average time taken for L2 adjudication and getting EAD?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Originally posted by ka@it View Post
    Hi,

I am new to this forum and would like to get some info on L2 and EAD. My organization is applying for H4 to L2 COS and they have told that they will not be able to file for EAD along with L2. I have to do it on my own.

Questions I have :

- when can I apply for EAD? should I wait for L2 adjudication or can I file for EAD as soon as my company files L2?
    - if I need to wait for L2 adjudication, at what point do I need to file for EAD?
    - what is the average time taken for L2 adjudication and getting EAD?

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Normally one can file for I765 (EAD) along with the I539 (Change of status). But if company is not willing to file the I765, then you should probably file it after getting the I539 Receipt number.
    It can take 2-4 Months for a H4 to L2 COS and EAD.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Raghvi!

You have mentioned I can apply for EAD after getting the I539 Receipt number. Does it mean, at that point H4 to L2 COS is approved/complete?
      reason for asking is, I would like to know if I need to wait till the COS is approved or can file for EAD as soon as I get the receipt number.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X