No announcement yet.

H1B to L1A conversion using L1A blanket petition and stamping in Toronto Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B to L1A conversion using L1A blanket petition and stamping in Toronto Canada

Hi All,

I have a typical case. I am in US and working for a company "A" in NJ as a consultant through company B with H1B visa. I worked as an employee in company A before in NJ and also in Canada(due to labor audit in 6th year) too. As I am with in the limit of 3 years, company A is planning to bring me in as a employee on L1A. It already has an approved blanket L1A petition. They have asked me to go to Toronto Canada to get the visa stamped before joining as an employee. I have couple of questions on this.

1. Is it mandatory to get the stamping done before starting the work as an employee in company A? I want to do stamping in India on my visit later in the year. Is that a possible option?
    2. I am looking in parallel for a Visa appointment in Toronto Canada for L1A stamping and not seeing any appointments in this year and next year too. I am continuously checking every hour but not finding any. Is there a specific time the slots are released?

Thank you in advance

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X