Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing of India PF account for L1B transfer

Hi All,

My L1B visa has been issued today. Mine is US payroll. I have few questions regarding the departure.
    1. Do I need to close India PF account before leaving for US?
    2. Do I need to take experience letter from India office? or any other letters for my employment here in India?

Thank you so much for your time.

Originally posted by bhaskaracharya View Post
    Hi All,

My L1B visa has been issued today. Mine is US payroll. I have few questions regarding the departure.
    1. Do I need to close India PF account before leaving for US?
    2. Do I need to take experience letter from India office? or any other letters for my employment here in India?

Thank you so much for your time.
    1. If you have to resign from Indian subsidiary wouldn't the exit process of your company take care of this too? Also, I believe if there is no contribution to PF for few years it automatically goes to dormant.
    2. Same answer, if you have to resign from the Indian subsidiary the exit process should normally take care of that.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. If you have to resign from Indian subsidiary wouldn't the exit process of your company take care of this too? Also, I believe if there is no contribution to PF for few years it automatically goes to dormant.
      2. Same answer, if you have to resign from the Indian subsidiary the exit process should normally take care of that.

Thank you for your answer. Do I need to resign from India subsidiary before moving to US? Sorry our company processed L1 for the first time. So we are not sure of the formalities.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaskaracharya View Post
        Thank you for your answer. Do I need to resign from India subsidiary before moving to US? Sorry our company processed L1 for the first time. So we are not sure of the formalities.
        No its not necessary for you to resign from your Indian subsidiary.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X