I have both L1-A and L2 Visas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have both L1-A and L2 Visas

I am under L1-A visa and and so is my husband, I also have a L2 Visa because of my husband (I applied for the L2 before applying for my L1, so I entered the country using my L1 but I have both stamped on my passport). I'm considering leaving my job soon (resigning). My question is: do I need to re-enter the country after leaving my job, since I already have a L2 visa approved/issued? If so, do I need to go back to my home country or just re-entering US is fine, no matter where from? How much time would I have to do that (leaving US)?
    If I do not need to re-enter US, is there any procedure that needs to be done in order to have my L2 status "valid" after I leave my job?

Originally posted by anuxaa View Post
    I am under L1-A visa and and so is my husband, I also have a L2 Visa because of my husband (I applied for the L2 before applying for my L1, so I entered the country using my L1 but I have both stamped on my passport). I'm considering leaving my job soon (resigning). My question is: do I need to re-enter the country after leaving my job, since I already have a L2 visa approved/issued? If so, do I need to go back to my home country or just re-entering US is fine, no matter where from? How much time would I have to do that (leaving US)?
    If I do not need to re-enter US, is there any procedure that needs to be done in order to have my L2 status "valid" after I leave my job?
    Two ways to do it.

1. As you mentioned, leave US, re enter by showing your valid L2 visa.
    2. Stay in US, file a form I539 to change your status from L1 to L2. You can request for a specific date when you would like the L2 to kick in from. You should stop working from that date.

Option 1 is far quicker as a COS approval can take 2-4 Months

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X