Clear All

• I94 re-Correction @CBP

I am on L1B Blanket since 2012
    PED: Expired Jan 2015
    Visa Expired Jan 2015
    I797: Valid indefinitely [this is for L1B Blanket]
    Old Passport expiry date Mar 2016
    New Passport is good until Mar 2026.

When I travelled India and returned back in Dec 2014, Immigration at PoE granted me I94 up to Visa Expiry ie Jan 2015.
    Since L1B Blanket visa holder should get 3 years i94 validity on each US entry irrespective of PED/Visa expiry, I went to CBP and got this corrected.
    However, CBP officer matched i94 validity up to my passport expiry ie March 2016.
    Now I received new passport and finding the way [apart from extension] to get I94 corrected further up to 3 years from my last entry.

Question:
    1. May CBP do above re-correction?
    2. if not, any risk in making attempt by visiting CBP to correct further?
    What I have heard is "CBP may move I94 validity to backward date/s [Jan /Feb 2016 or earlier ] rather than forward dates if PED/Visa is expired and attempted for correction.

3. What are the options other than extension/renewal?
    4. what's the extension success ratio?

Answers are well appreciated!!!!!!!!

Rajesh

Guys,
    any response ?

Comment

Originally posted by rajeshde View Post
      I am on L1B Blanket since 2012
      PED: Expired Jan 2015
      Visa Expired Jan 2015
      I797: Valid indefinitely [this is for L1B Blanket]
      Old Passport expiry date Mar 2016
      New Passport is good until Mar 2026.

When I travelled India and returned back in Dec 2014, Immigration at PoE granted me I94 up to Visa Expiry ie Jan 2015.
      Since L1B Blanket visa holder should get 3 years i94 validity on each US entry irrespective of PED/Visa expiry, I went to CBP and got this corrected.
      However, CBP officer matched i94 validity up to my passport expiry ie March 2016.
      Now I received new passport and finding the way [apart from extension] to get I94 corrected further up to 3 years from my last entry.

Question:
      1. May CBP do above re-correction?
      2. if not, any risk in making attempt by visiting CBP to correct further?
      What I have heard is "CBP may move I94 validity to backward date/s [Jan /Feb 2016 or earlier ] rather than forward dates if PED/Visa is expired and attempted for correction.

3. What are the options other than extension/renewal?
      4. what's the extension success ratio?

Answers are well appreciated!!!!!!!!

Rajesh
      Giving I-94 for 3 Years was more of a convenient guideline rather than a law.Off late the port of entry officers are giving I-94 only till visa expiry/passport expiry/petition expiry, which ever is earliest.
      I dont understand how they gave you an I-94 till March 2016 when your visa as well as petition expired Jan 2015 itself.

You can try visiting the CBP but highly likely that they will realize their mistake and not issue a new I-94. Extension would be the only possibility in that case. Success depends upon proof and strength of documentation you can show for your specialized skillets.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X