Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B transfer from employeer to client

Hi,

I'm IT guy whose been working for firm A for the past 10 years. Two years ago I moved to the US on an L1B visa still working for firm A, but linked to a client (firm B) 100% of my time. I actually work on the client's premises 100% of my time, interact with them and basically do stuff for them and their business. My management is still firm A but we basically do whatever the client Firm B wants if contractually possible.

Firm B decided to in-source IT again and they will most likely offer me a very similar position but working directly for them. Is there any way we can carry over the L1B visa to Firm B given that I've been tied to them 100% since I arrived here? My current employer already filed PERM for me and I wouldn't like to lose the existing process and start over. Any help will be very valuable.

Thank you.

Originally posted by plopezuma View Post
    Hi,

I'm IT guy whose been working for firm A for the past 10 years. Two years ago I moved to the US on an L1B visa still working for firm A, but linked to a client (firm B) 100% of my time. I actually work on the client's premises 100% of my time, interact with them and basically do stuff for them and their business. My management is still firm A but we basically do whatever the client Firm B wants if contractually possible.

Firm B decided to in-source IT again and they will most likely offer me a very similar position but working directly for them. Is there any way we can carry over the L1B visa to Firm B given that I've been tied to them 100% since I arrived here? My current employer already filed PERM for me and I wouldn't like to lose the existing process and start over. Any help will be very valuable.

Thank you.
    if A and B are not legally related to same entity it would not be possible. L1 is not a transferable status.You would have to get H1 in order to move to B.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X