Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Me : B1(Busi.) applied for L1(Petition)/ apply for spouse L2(Spouse) or B1(tourist)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me : B1(Busi.) applied for L1(Petition)/ apply for spouse L2(Spouse) or B1(tourist)

Hi

I recently been to USA on B1 visa now my company wants me to stay longer till december and apply a L1 visa with blanket and also they said made sure that the status is changed while i stay in USA.

Now the problem part is that i want my wife to be on board and be here soon.

Option 1: Wait for my L1 visa to get approved which i hope will be done by oct end. and then apply for her L2 and bring her here in Nov. But then there is no point of have her here for 20 days or so.

Option 2: Apply for her B1 visa and get her here in oct.

So for option 2 i want to know few things.
    1. Is it fine to stay in US for 60-65 days on tourist visa, Does it affect her L2 Visa application once i am done with my L1.
    2. Should she (tell the interviewer/fill in the relative information) that her husband is in US on B1 visa for which he already applied an status changed.
    3. Or is there any other option by which i can get her in US in oct.

Any help would do good for me as i am getting very confused about all this.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by saurabh2204 View Post
    Hi

I recently been to USA on B1 visa now my company wants me to stay longer till december and apply a L1 visa with blanket and also they said made sure that the status is changed while i stay in USA.

Now the problem part is that i want my wife to be on board and be here soon.

Option 1: Wait for my L1 visa to get approved which i hope will be done by oct end. and then apply for her L2 and bring her here in Nov. But then there is no point of have her here for 20 days or so.

Option 2: Apply for her B1 visa and get her here in oct.

So for option 2 i want to know few things.
    1. Is it fine to stay in US for 60-65 days on tourist visa, Does it affect her L2 Visa application once i am done with my L1.
    2. Should she (tell the interviewer/fill in the relative information) that her husband is in US on B1 visa for which he already applied an status changed.
    3. Or is there any other option by which i can get her in US in oct.

Any help would do good for me as i am getting very confused about all this.

Thanks in advance.
    A B1 to L1 COS has high chances of denial. The two visas have different purpose, if you are doing work and providing services while on B1 it is violation of B1 visa. Ideal would be to apply L1 for yourself and L2 for spouse while outside US and get it approved and then travel.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X