Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to L1A conversion - approved - queries about next steps

Hi,

I received my L1B in Apr-2014 in India, and came to US along with my family the same month. My I-94 is valid till Nov-2017. I applied for conversion to L1A in Aug this year and received approved I-797A within a month.

If anyone has gone through L1B to L1A conversion, please let me know about following queries:

1. Is is necessary to re-stamp my passport with L1A visa if I travel outside US. I'm planning to go to India on vacation in next few months? -> My company told me that if I go to India, I have to get re-stamping done in India (Chennai consulate), else I will not be able to enter USA with existing L1B stamp.
    2. If re-stamping is necessary, should I get it done for my family too or can they reenter USA with existing stamp? They are on L2 visa.
    3. If family re-stamping is necessary, my son's passport is valid till Dec-2016 and I have mentioned intended period of stay in DS-160 as 18 months. Will this cause any issue?
    4. Is there any scope of getting PAI waiver and dropping the passports in a dropbox at the US consulate? It's hardly been 18 months since I cleared my L1B PAI.
    5. If I appear for PAI at Chennai consulate, will it be like a fresh L1A interview, with chance of rejection? In case of rejection, can I travel back to US on existing L1B visa?

Thanks,
    Raj

AbhishekW_L2EAD_L1A_CONVERSION

Hi,
    Please support !!

I am currently in India ( working for an MNC ) and got a transfer to US in same organisation on L2-EAD.
    My spouse ( wife ) is already in US on L1B.

My new project is planning to transfer me to L1A.

It is 10 months for me in current project.

What is the process for C.O.S. ( change of status )...Will it impact my transfer in any case...

Please help

Cheers !!
    Abhishek W

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X